Thursday 8 January 2015

Health kick: Day 4

In a bid to rid myself of the pounds I have gained over the Christmas Period, like most of the UK, I have been embarking on a healthy eating/exercise mission!

Generally I like to think of myself as a pretty healthy person - I tend to eat lots of vegetables, drink tons of water and get my sweat on a few times a week. However I really did let myself go over Christmas (I'm talking Buck's Fizz for breakfast and cheese boards for dinner), but that's what the festive season is all about so I'm trying not to get too down about it.

So this week, I have been focusing on eating cleaner, more balanced meals (not cheese boards) and increasing my physical activity. For Christmas I received a Fitbit Flex, so I've been using this to track my activity and motivate myself to reach my step target everyday.

And how am I doing? So far so good! The Fitbit is really aiding me in increasing my activity levels, and the cleaner eating is making me feel a million times better already. It is not easy, and yes it takes more preparation and planning ahead than eating rubbish - but for me, it is worth it to feel great.

.... and for those that are interested, I've lost 3lbs so far :)


Have you changed your diet/exercise since Christmas? What plan are you following? I'd love to hear from you, please feel free to leave your comments below.


Shelley x


No comments:

Post a Comment